My new little house

Posted on 9/21/2013

I debated SO MUCH about moving, and if I wanted to leave my awesome house & try for somewhere new. I LOVED my house. I had so many good memories there and it was really perfect (I wanted to pick it up and move it 40 miles closer to town and live there forever), but I had a really hard year last year and I really wanted to make a change for this year. I ultimately decided that (since I was, luckily, on a month to month lease) I would just look for something & if I could find something cute in town, I would wait for the right thing.
Then I found something really cute! Like out of nowhere.... when I toured my place now it was TRASHED. It was sooooo dirty. But I knew that it could be cute- great details...and OMG that hardwood floor. I was somewhat concerned that it might be TOO small, especially since I came from a huge 2 bedroom house. But I was surprised when I moved in (after it was seriously professionally cleaned) that everything fit really well and the only thing I didn't bring from my house was my second bed (which is now back at my parents). 
So here is my cute new little home.


$5 garage sale lamp, Harry Potter + other books, Prague coasters, HGTV magazines, my favorite candle ever, a painting that I borrowed from my grandma- my grandparents bought it in NYC when my Mom was a kid.

 paintings from Madrid, little shoe from Holland :), sunglass collection- IDK how it got so big all the sudden- the american flag ones are of course my favorite, the heart I got in New Mexico on a trip with my Mom and brother when he was living in El Paso
 books, all my coat hooks -they're all cute little animals: a deer, dog & owl
 kitchen. I love the white sink thing, even though it's old and beat up I think it adds so much character to the house. Plus the mini stove and fridge. adorable.
 over my sink- 2 paintings from Morocco and the birthday cake that my mom bought at an art auction
 bedroom. Pillowcases embroidered by my great grandma, thrift store nightstands ($5 each, painted). Little known fact- I have to sleep with an eye mask because I need  complete darkness. The owl cross stitch was $3 at a thrift store & the eagle was $5 at salvation army.
 (clearly I need to update my pictures), more books, the "serenity prayer"- cross stitch was $4 at a thrift store (can you tell I'm obsessed with them lately), my favorite picture of my and my brother, scarf collection. 
 nightstand. books, books, books!!!, tea, the most amazing iphone charger ever that I am pretty sure came from my brother (love it).
breakfast. :)

I have been here a month- and I think that I made the total right choice in moving. I love it.
  1. I always wondered if you got that book charger...

    ReplyDelete