November 10th 2012

Posted on 11/10/2012

I'm at my parents for the long weekend (no school Monday, YAY) and I decided to share more pictures of the Marshall Islands. I came home a year ago this weekend. I thought I would be so depressed this weekend thinking about it. But more & more I am coming to terms with this happy/sad time and realizing that everything happens for a reason. 
Here are some of my very favorite pictures-
Photobucket
This picture was in the paper! Even on my tiny island people would come & tell me that they had seen the picture in the Marshall Islands Journal.
Photobucket

Last October, I spent a weekend on the Army base with my friend, Joseph, and his family (his parents both worked there as well) in what is essentially and American town on this tiny island in the Pacific. The tiny plane that took us back and forth made me want to vomit. But looking out the window made it worth it. Flying over tiny uninhabited islands....
Photobucket Photobucket His parents lived in one of these awesome dome houses. After four months of living in the Marshall Islands I remember it being so strange to see an American house... with couches and chairs and carpet. There are no cars- everyone rides bikes everywhere.
Photobucket
I even went to Halloween there- I was an Island Santa :) The other 2 girls (Liz and Brittany) were both volunteers on Ebeye, another neighboring island. Photobucket


& more pictures of my adorable former students/family- Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket It's hard to believe that this was really my life. That I lived on a tiny island. It feels like it was all a dream.Photobucket

Post a Comment