Celebration of Life-August 4th 2013

Posted on 8/09/2013

My Uncle (unsurprisingly) did not want a funeral after he passed, but his daughters decided to have a party instead.  So they set up a "Celebration of Life" to not talk about the sad, but to share stories and pictures and all the great things we loved about my Uncle.
I got this shirt, but I liked my cousins "fuck cancer" shirts, better. 
We took some pictures in what we thought were "typical" poses of my Uncle. This first one is so true to him, the sunglasses even are his :) - and Micah and I were actually playing "Cheyann", who can always strike a pose. (Literally every picture of her that I have ever seen, even when she was like 2, she is posing. It's awesome!)
They wore boots and socks in his honor also, because that's what he always wore. I can't remember ever seeing him without his boots and socks.
 & since he was also a master of the bunny ears-
It was a great celebration of a great life, well lived, well traveled and well loved. 
Thanks for all you taught me :), for the camping trips, hiking trips, traveling abroad trips, taking me bungee jumping, Idaho cabin trips, all the times you took me to Taco Bell (my high school favorite), car advice, life advice (he really didn't think I should be a teacher!)... you will be missed.  ♥

Post a Comment