feburary 2014 | so many snow days

Posted on 2/11/2014

I don't really follow the weather, so when I woke up and had a call that it was a snow day....I was really surprised!!! Ommmggggg....snow day!!!!!! (For the record, my district makes up every snow day, so it's not just a paid day off, I have to make up for it later- either by not having a 3 day weekend or adding days onto the end of the school year). 

But regardless. I was HAPPY.

After lounging around, going to the gym, etc I drove my Dad to the train station- he was flying to drive to Kansas. Here was my face on the way back (that took an hour and a half, instead of a half hour, like it was supposed to)-

My Mom brought me some "supplies" for the storm-
 and I made some banana bread:
 because this was the forecast for the next three days. 
 and it was totally accurate. It snowed alllllll weekend.

Finally, Monday I was able to escape and my Mom and I went to lunch/ I edited her paper at a restaurant: 
 She's a champ driving in the snow.
 Till she gets mad.

 :)

Monday night my Mom and I made snowmen, and took a walk in the snow:


^ nice gloves, Mom!!

All together, I had three days off work. It was nice....but I was ready to go back, being stuck at home was pretty boring. There is only so much cleaning, organizing and TV watching you can do, really. 

Post a Comment