House | new laundry room!

Posted on 1/09/2017

When we moved in, our laundry room looked like this:

It certainly was not awful, and I was excited to have a laundry room at all, but it was also not functional AT ALL.

The bottom cabinets would not open on the left, due to the placement of the washing machine and the cabinets were impossible to really store anything as they were a really odd shape and all different sizes. No picture, but just trust me that it was a HOT MESS of crap everywhere and something needed to be done for my sanity!

To start with, we took down the cabinets, which were held up by FOUR screws. I swear. That was easy enough. The bottom were the same way, they whole removal took like five minutes.


Next, I painted the entire room white, which didn't take long at all, and re-painted the trim around the window. 

Then, I  (ahem...Caleb...) installed "shelves" - 8 ft long boards cut down to size.
This was the most tedious part, trying to get them level, and of course the wall isn't straight but while it's not perfect, it's beautiful! 
We moved the washer and dryer back in and:
ta do! 
hello, beautiful laundry room. 
SUCH an improvement and now a functional space that we can actually use. 

The biggest problem is that now my kitchen is the sore thumb of the house, and I reallllyyyyy am wanting to re-do it sooner, rather then later. 
Again, it's not AWFUL, either. But it's not super functional, and well, let's just say.... it's days are numbered. 

Post a Comment