hike | november 17th 2013 | elowah falls

Posted on 11/17/2013

I've been busy complaining on facebook that this is the worst season of all (too cold to really do much outside, not snowy enough to actually ski), so this Sunday I decided to just brave the cold (not that cold, really, about 50*) and go for a hike. I was in so much sore pain from my Saturday workout (brutal), so I figured a nice little 3-4 mile hike would be just about perfect- so I broke out trusty google and ended up at Elowah Falls.



 ^ I don't know if I am I just a crazy Oregonian or what but I think the all the green is SO PRETTY. I love it when I walk by hills like this.

I went to the lower falls first, because my sore legs somehow made me think since it was the "lower falls" it would be easier. I was wrong. 
 But it was worth it (always is). 

The mist was INSANE. It actually seemed like it was raining it was so strong in the wind. It was awesome, but I didn't even make it to the bridge in front of the falls because I would have gotten drenched. 

Next, I headed to the upper falls. (It was two out and back hikes). 

 ^ I first thought this was just another tree, but it's really an old pipe - I have no idea what it was used for. Maybe water, or something?

 ^I love ANY hike with handrails or railings. :)

The upper falls (Upper McCord Creek Falls) -


It was a nice hike that took me less then 2 hours, which left me back home in plenty of time to lesson plan for the upcoming week.....yay.

Post a Comment