november 28th 2013 | thanksgiving hike | murna point (all the way)

Posted on 11/29/2013

My parents went out of town on Thanksgiving, so I planned a hike with my friend, Lauren. We decided to hike Murna point- but start earlier enough in the day that we could actually get all the way to the top :)


 ^ my impression of Lauren :)  -- she is not fond of heights (which is unfortunate on this hike)




 ^ these pictures are all from a first little "point"-- but it's only about half way to the top.

There was some ice, which was kind of terrifying-




^ but this last section was the WORST ever. It's the worst part, right near the top and it's terrifying. Supposedly there was a rope, but it's gone now ...& I don't honestly know that I would have trusted a rope anyway.

But....it was worth it. Lauren was not thrilled with the narrow trails and went back down, but I walked around for a little bit.

 ^ can you see the narrow trail?



So, so, so pretty.
This hike was INSANELY hard for me, it was so steep and I am not exaggerating when I say there was serious rock climbing involved... but I will say it was one of the coolest hikes/views ever and it was a nice way to round out my fall hiking season. I am hopeful that ski season is right around the corner (please please please).

& then I proceeded to eat tons of delicious food for thanksgiving. :)



Post a Comment