April | HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ZINA!

Posted on 4/26/2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZINA!
Last weekend was Zina's 50th birthday, and I drove to Seattle after work Friday night to help her celebrate :) My Aunt is one of my favorite people in the world- she helped raise me, has always been there for me, and is one of the kindest, most generous people I know. Not to mention she is always down to do something fun... I love her so much. 
& since it's fun to look back... her 2013 birthday is here and 2012 birthday is here!

Since I knew we weren't meeting till later, I took my time driving up, and when I got gas in Castle Rock, I couldn't help but looking around a little bit.
 especially when I found a quilting store!!

Then I stopped at St. Helens National Park, which was actually closed, but there was a back parking lot that was open! I have been there once before, with my ex-boyfriend Joseph and it was just as pretty as I remembered! 


Up the street from the park, was this resort/camping area that was amazing! Can you imagine staying in that lake front hotel?!



I finally got to Seattle right in time for dinner- my parents were in charge of dinner both nights and the first night it was a great BBQ.

 Birthday girl & I with our birthday hats :) I think we look SO much alike! I can only hope to look as great as she does at 50!!!!
Friday night we just ate, talked and had a great time. I love spending time with my Aunt, grandma and parents :) 
There were only 4 bedrooms, since since there were three couples + my grandma, Zina and I got to sleep in the walk in closet ...it was a walk-in closet. :)

Saturday 
After much needed coffee, I went on a walk. After a little bit, I met up with my parents and Zina. It was SO beautiful!






That night my parents brought steaks for everyone (all our family plus some friends my cousins invited). soooooo good. I want to eat them all. I helped my parents get dinner ready  (I didn't help my Dad grill, despite me posing for a picture!)



Sunday
My Mom stayed longer, but my Dad & I had work, so we drove home together. We tried to stop at Cabellas, but it was Easter....so it was closed :( my Dad was sad. 
It was such a great weekend, and it was great to spend time with some of my favorite people! Happy Birthday Zina! I can't wait to celebrate again next year! 
  1. they are opening a cabelas in tualatin soon. I think June?? so your dad can be happy about one closer. I know my sad is lol

    ReplyDelete