GALentines weekend 2015 | mitchell point

Posted on 2/15/2015

Last year for Valentines Day the guy I was dating brought me flowers & chocolate to work, and then as I got on a plane to San Francisco to see Donella texted me sweet things all night..... it was all very sweet and I felt so cared about. Later, I found out he was out at dinner that night and spent the entire weekend with his other girlfriend. SO. This year when one of  my closest high school / life friends offered to come spend a few days with me I was like ... YES. I don't want to say I'm a bitter single girl, but draw your own conclusions.

So we had a little Galentines Day (Leslie Knope is the woman I wish I could be). 
Starting with a romantic drive thru the country side, then a romantic dinner, then watching Friends together as we fell asleep. 
When a friend texted me at 10:30 to ask if I wanted to come out, I was already in bed and couldn't muster the strength to get dressed again. 
Happy Galentines Day to me!
The next morning, we woke up really late, at 7pm (hey! we're both teachers, that was straight up sleeping in) and after getting a coffee, doing some errands for me we were hiking by 9. 




 Mitchell Point is my new favorite hike, I just love it so much. The view is insane and it was much easier then last time I did it when I wore snow boots (really, what was I thinking?)- amateur mistake. 


 The view is insane and since we were the first people there, we were all alone at the top for about an hour before a huge group came and we scampered back down. 




Aireanne went back to her husband for Valentines Day, and I went out to a movie with one of my work friends, which I thought was really sweet till he told me the only reason he went was because he was already in town getting groceries. 
Maybe next year will be better? 
Or maybe it won't, and that's okay too...thank god for Galentines Day, really. 
  1. Glad you had a great Valentines! Can't wait to get back to the USuh and see you!

    ReplyDelete