janurary 2015 | mitchell point

Posted on 1/26/2015

I had kind of a bland weekend (helped my Mom w/her new house Saturday, failed brunch plans & 2nd date plans Sunday) so when I was driving back from Portland Sunday afternoon I decided to stop and go for a hike since the weather could only be described as perfect.

 
I decided to hike Mitchell Point, which I'd never done before. I (stupidly) didn't even both to change out of my snow boots thinking "oh it's short" (2 and a half miles). This was a mistake I would pay for later.  1,300 feet later in 1.2 miles, to be exact. And I was cursing my heavy snow boots every step of the way.
 
 ^ the trail gets SO NARROW, with a drop off that is no joke
 
But the views come quick.
 These rock things ... I hate them so much. And this hike had four sections of them.  Whhyyyyy
 
 The view made it worth it.
 
 
Though (if I'm being totally honest) this was a hike that I thought was too narrow and too exposed, and I don't usually feel that way (aka, I have never felt this way about a hike before). I kind of thought I mayyyy throw up at points.
 Needless to say, I can't wait to hike it again. :)

Post a Comment