November 2003 : Blue Mountains, Australia

Posted on 1/01/2015

When I was 16 my Dad and Uncle took my two cousins and I to Australia -  they gave me my ticket in a huge amazing birthday card, & we went for a week over Thanksgiving Break. The ultimate Dad/Daughter trip.
 
I recently found a bunch of the pictures, and these in particular that I loved! One day my cousins (still jet lagged, it's brutal) took a nap while I went with my Dad & Uncle on a little hike in the Blue Mountains. I'm guessing we were staying the city of Katooma, in New South Wales - but I don't really remember the logistics of the trip that well.
But I LOVE these pictures.

 
 
 
 
 
 
^ I don't have very many pictures of me & my Uncle, and even though this one is horribly backlit and you can't even see is it's really special to me. I miss him, & it still seems unbelievable to me that he is gone : luckily I have lots of great memories. Just yesterday my Mom and I were talking about how in 2000, we went to Grand Targhee and when he was skiing down with a flare -who thought that was a good idea???- his glove caught on fire and he had to stick it in a snow bank... so gone but not forgotten! :)
 
Happy 2015!

Post a Comment