July 2014 | Kletterwald (ropes course)

Posted on 7/28/2014

Our friends Jamie and Chaz came to visit for a week when we got back from Scandinavia and having them there was so fun! They were great from day one, strangely they didn't even seem to have jet lag. It was very impressive. 

Josh and I had done the kletterwald (an insanely cool ropes course in the trees in the forest near his apartment) when I visited him before and we really wanted to do it again. We couldn't convince my Mom, but Jamie and Chaz were willing, so off we went, into the forest :) 



After a quick lesson from an adorable German (who I would later totally embarrass myself in front of) we climbed up and immediately I realized I was terrified... I can't speak for anyone else but ... I mean, you know you're NOT going to die (the ropes will catch you) but somehow that isn't compleatly  comforting. Because you could still be totally miserable hanging and having to pull yourself to the next stand...and yes, I speak from experience! haha





We (okay, I) made Josh go first for most of the course. My thought is that 1. I like to watch him complete them, so I know what to do/not to do (slightly heartless? maybe) and 2. he should be able to do it the best because they teach you this stuff in the army, right? ....I think number 2 is only slightly true but that's what I tell myself. He could repel better then any of us, I'll give him that. 


 ^ Josh showing off his mad skills.

^ cute couple!  



 ^ Josh may have slammed into the stand on this one (apparently his army training failed him) and I may have laughed really hard (apparently my sisterly concern failed me). 


All done! No pictures of me, because I was covered in dirt after an epicly embarrassing repel fall in front of our teacher.    He was really funny, and told us that no one has ever died or even been seriously hurt on the course. Though they do occasionally have to go up and get people down that are too scared to continue! Thankfully no one in our group... though maybe next time. Being rescued out of a tree by a hunky German doesn't sound awful. :)
  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete