May 2015 | lewis & clark day 4 / 5

Posted on 6/08/2015

I thought that day four was the second to hardest day (the last day being, by far, the hardest in my opinion). The morning was sunny, which meant the kids wanted to play and flip people on the kayaks - which is fun and all, but exhausting. So after doing that all morning, we ended up paddling against the wind in the afternoon, and it was brutal. At the end of the day we even had to carry our kayaks over a sandbar - it was pretty difficult. I think all the adults pretty much ended up switching to paddle with kids who were hurt / couldn't / wouldn't paddle - again, totally fine, just exhausting. Josh and I both ended up basically paddling kids in the second half of the day. The lead teacher definitely put an end to that for the last day (thought Josh and I still ended up paddling with different kids - which kinda sucked - it would have been cool to finish together.)
Needless to say I headed straight to the shower (the first in four days!! I may have been the first one in!) right after we landed on the beach, and felt about 100x better after that. The weather was windy, but I was cozy in my tent and I think everyone was just really excited to be (almost) done with such a crazy epic trip!














Post a Comment