2012 | Santo, RMI

Posted on 6/29/2015

 photo P1000153.jpg
^ my island home!

I realized that I have a LOT of pictures from the Marshall Islands that are amazing, and I never posted / shared with anyone.  Living in the RMI was an amazing experience that I want to celebrate so while I am in S. America I wanted to share some of these pictures!

These I just took when I was hanging out in the dock one day. The dock was a great place to hang out because- obviously with no electricity- there was no AC on the island (except in the police station, but I wasn't hanging out there)! The dock got a nice breeze, sometimes, and was a real hub of activity, with kids playing, the barge coming/ going to the army base. It was basically the place to be. My students LOVED having their pictures taken, and were totally fearless jumping off the dock. Also tied to the dock was a shark (smallish, in all fairness) that had been caught and was tied up (with a hook in it's mouth I think) till it was later eaten. 

Post a Comment