july 2015 - la india dormida, Panama

Posted on 7/02/2015

After spending one night in a seriusly questionable Hilton in Panama City (cockroaches anyone?) Matt and I hoped onto a local bus to go to El Valley de Anton, which we had read was about two hours outside the city. But even with our crazy never slow down bus driver (I was literally hanging my head out the window at points to keep from vomiting, and the loud music didnt help at all, but I was determined not to be that tourist that vomits out the window) it was closer to three, long, hot hours. Matt read his book and looked positivly comfortable the entire time, and every time I looked at him I was so jealous. But at $4.25 each, it is hard to complain too much.
The first thing I waned to do, and Matt gamely agreed to do with me, was hike La India Dormidia. We got up early, ate some pancakes, and headed out with a hand drawn map and followed these signs.

Walking thru the city outskirts was REALLY pretty. Then the hike started and it was UP the entire way. With humidity at close to 85% we were immedietly covered in sweat.
Ultimetly, this is what we got to the top of, after going up, up, up for what felt like forever,  but was really a little over an hour.
The views were crazy pretty, and totally worth it, though I literally sweated thru my shirt.




The town is in a colapsed (what I hope is) dormant volcano, and the hike got us up enough that we would see all the mountains surrounding the town, which was awesome.

Post a Comment