Wednesday September 26th

Posted on 9/29/2012

It's a little hard to believe that summer is STILL going strong...but it is and I love it. I try and go on a walk everyday because I know soon I will be stuck inside.
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Just me and podcasts make for great evening walks. (I'm obsessed with Stuff You Should Know & Stuff You Missed In History Class. OBSESSED!)

Of course I'm still working on my house, this week was curtains :) after hanging them in the bedroom I had a marathon curtain making/ curtain hanging session Tuesday. I was DETERMINED to get them up and done. I hung the curtain rods (which isn't HARD, but is time consuming) then I actually made the curtains. I have been looking for plain white curtains for awhile, but they are so expensive and on principle I refuse to pay  $40/window for curtains! That's insane! When I was at Ikea last weekend I was on the hunt for some cheap ones... but then ended up finding white full sheets for $4/each instead. I figured I could make curtains myself, and with some no-sew hemming tape, and an iron gifted to me by a friend I think I made some cute curtains!
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App For curtain rods + curtains for all 4 windows in my house I paid... $65. I actually LOVE them and think the make it look much more homey. Also I now feel like I can open my windows, shut my curtains and let air into my house, which is a plus.
I want to post pictures of my whole house & I will soon... but right now it's still "in progress." :)

Post a Comment