TO DO: make english muffins

Posted on 1/03/2013



I used this recipie... they were really good, but not really the "english muffin" consistency. Next time   I would make them bigger -I used a coffee mug, but they turned out kinda small. They were super easy to make, just time consuming.... but not a bad way to spend a boring afternoon. It just involved a lot of waiting, since they had to rise three times!
I later mentioned to someone that I had made english muffins and how much work it was for an end product wasn't that amazing. They said "oh, it's an act of love though." To which I responded "My acts of love don't have to raise three times." Which was my overall feeling about homemade english muffins. Good, yes. Great, not really. The store bought ones are fine to me (I love the ones from Trader Joe's). So would I make them again? Never say never (boring afternoons do happen!), but it's not at the top of my list.

Post a Comment