February 24th 3013- ComicCon Portland

Posted on 2/25/2013

Elaine and I got tickets to ComicCon through a Google offer a few weeks ago.  We were bummed because we missed a LivingSocial deal initially, but when we saw the line for the Living Social, (which was about a million people long) & got to walk right up to the Google offer booth, we were pretty happy.
It was the first ComicCon we either of us had ever been too....actually, it's actually called Wizard World, so maybe it's not really called Comic Con at all, I have no idea if there is some kind of difference.
Out google offer included signed litographs... so we waited in a lot of lines. Which was fine.
Elaine was so excited every time she saw a Dr. Who anything-
I got excited when I saw the poster with the dinosaur eating Seattle :)
^ Tired spiderman at the end of the day.

There weren't a ton of people dressed up and it was pretty small. I can now say that Comic Con's are not my thing- and though I'm glad I went once, I don't know that I would go to one again, really. Elaine and I couldn't think of a single person we would say to sign anything for us, though some celebrities -like the guys from the Walking Dead- were charging $40 an autograph and $40 for one picture with them!! Insane. I can not think of anyone on this planet I would pay even $5 for a picture with. 

Post a Comment