throwback thursday 6 - Yangu & Gangneung, Korea

Posted on 4/11/2013

Kelly's adorable little town (Yangu) had the most adorable city center area. Loved it.
 I don't actually know if they are for playing on, or just for looks, but of course I wanted to ride the bear. :)
 I love that no matter where you go in the world, there is always graffiti in english. Always.

There was a history museum in Kelly's town- I walked out to it one day. I was the only person there. (Everywhere I went, I was usually the only person there.) Everything was always only in Korean (duh), so I had to guess what things were. I have no explanation for the golden egg. 



Kelly and I also went to visit her friend, whose name I can not remember, in Gangneung, which is on the East coast of Korea. We went to a fish market there. I really hate fish, but it was really cool (and cold). 
 Kelly is/was WWAYYY more adventurous then me, because she ate this - I am pretty sure it was stuffed octopus... I didn't try it. 

& then we went to a national park. But it was snowing wicked hard. So there was nothing to see, really...

^ The view was better when we left the city.

Then, Kelly went back to work- and I went to Seoul.  I will post about that and alllll the fun I had with my friend, Mark (who lived, and still lives in Seoul) next week :)

Post a Comment