Even more Wiesbaden: it's official, I never want to leave.

Posted on 1/16/2012

This morning after Joseph and Josh rudely woke me up, we went on a walk to get coffee and Josh gave us a little Wiesbaden history. Wiesbaden is a suburb of Frankfurt (Josh called it the "Beverly Hills" of Frankfurt) it's about a 30 minute (and €7.40) train ride from Frankfurt.
Because it had the largest meeting hall in the area it was saved from bombing in World War 2, (since the Allies figured they could use the meeting hall after the war) so it has lots of really old and cool buildings.  All of which I love. All day I kept saying "look something old!" and then would take a picture. Pretty sure that will be me for the next three months! :) I am still at the stage where I can walk around a grocery store and be totally enthralled, everything is so much more awesome looking here.
This is in the main square of Wiesbaden. It was the old rat hall (parliament building) but there is a new one now.
Josh was sick but still took a short walk with us. What a trooper.




Love this, it was outside an elementary school.


All the restaurants have cute outdoor seating areas, which I love. 
I don't speak German but I am pretty sure this is chocolate cream cheese.... yum? I don't know how I feel about it but I am sure my curiosity will insist that I try it at some point. 

How cute is this playground toy!? The smoke behind it is one of the natural hot springs, which is why the Romans loved Wiesbaden... it's cold here. :) 

Post a Comment