Wiesbaden, & my first European driving experience

Posted on 1/17/2012

The highlight of the day was that I drove on German highways. Good news: no one was died and no one was hurt. Bad news, it was scary! And I am pretty sure it took years off Joseph's life, since he was brave enough to drive with me (and navigate). Joseph and I drove to Ikea to look for some things -a french press, bread tin, measuring cups, curtains for Josh- but most importantly something to fill the gap between the door and the floor that lets in cold air all night long. I have been stuffing my jeans in the gap, but that makes them really cold the next morning, so I needed another solution.We found a blanket for €2 that I think will do the trick nicely, so the trip was a total success. 
Also I think that we drove by some pretty Germany country side on the way to Ikea, but I was too focused on the road so I didn't see any of it. :(
Josh went to open the front door this morning... and the door handle fell off!!


Definitely the best thing I have eaten in Germany so far!


I have no idea what this building is, but Josh's parking garage is right below it... seriously. 


I love that every other random building is totally gorgeous. 
  1. I can't believe they let you drive. But I'm happy that you managed. And proud.

    ReplyDelete