Naurod, Germany

Posted on 1/16/2012

Since Josh was still feeling sick he offered to have some of his cool friends, Emma and Molly, show us around this afternoon. Molly lives just outside Wiesbaden so Joseph, Emma and I drove the 10 minutes to her cute little rural town to go on a hike. Although Josh claimed it would be a "nice forest stroll" it was really more of a "nice mountain hike." It was super steep but well worth it as the view was amazing at the top and we got there at sunset. Unfortunately, my camera died but I managed to get a few pictures. I am in love with Molly's town which is pretty much exactly what I picture a rural German town to be like. After Josh, Emma, Joseph and I went out to dinner and tried to get McFlurries, but unfortunately the McFlurry machine was down (the inhumanity)! 
All and all it was a great first (whole) day in Germany. And Joseph and I got lots of great tips for some local things to do, so we should have a busy week before we leave for Vienna on Thursday! 
How cute is this German house? It's just so German looking to me. 

Up the hill (mini-mountain?)! 
The cool building at the top, it's also a restaurant (but that was closed) and you can climb up the tower (...but that was closed, too). 

Post a Comment