PDX-FRA

Posted on 1/14/2012

I have to admit the Seattle-Frankfurt flight wasn't bad at all. There was talk of snow in Seattle (every travelers worst nightmare!!) but it only rained so everything was right on time, thankfully. We flew Lufthansa and the cute accents of the flight attendants really thrilled me. I was practically frothing at the month with excitement when I saw that the plane was wifi enabled but the wifi never got tuned on for some reason (sadly). The fact that the seat next to me was empty was the icing on the cake. Then (even better) the guy in the next seat over (it was a 4 seat row) moved seats giving me three glorious seats to stretch out and sleep on. Perfect. I utilized Joseph as a pillow and was able to sleep for about eight hours, and read my book/eat for the rest.
The hard part was finding Josh's apartment since all we had were some vague instructions that involved a Starbucks that did not exist and a pamphlet for a restaurant that was supposedly across from Josh's apartment. After trying the keys we had for his apartment (my parents gave them to me since they were just here 2 weeks ago) in 3 different doors we found the building that was his, but still didn't know the apartment number. After buzzing his apartment with no answer and a minor melt down on my part we found the apartment using some detective work (I was buzzing and Joseph heard what apartment is was coming from)... Yeah. Moral of the story: get a real address not a vague one next time! Lesson learned.
All and all, pretty drama free and we are now relaxing in the "first bedroom" and my new home base for the next three months! It's really just an entry way, but I can't be picky and its not that bad anyway since everything is cuter in Europe regardless! Pictures to come soon! :)
My travel purse. I only read one of the books, but better to be prepared!   

Post a Comment