July 16th 2013

Posted on 7/31/2013

On July 16th, my Uncle passed away. While it wasn't unexpected, it was still (obviously) hard... many of of my childhood memories are of me spending time with my Dad, my Uncle, and his two daughters. He was a large part of my childhood, he was my Dad's best friend- they met in college and married sisters. We called them our "gay Dads" because they were always going off on amazing trips together... essentially, he was always larger then life for me, so to imagine that he isn't here anymore is strange (to say the least), he was always the strongest, biggest, quietest man. 
His celebration of life is coming up soon & it will be good and fun to see all the people that have so many great stories of his adventurous life. Looking thru pictures has been bittersweet... but I have so many great memories, I feel very lucky.
^with my cousin on a trip we went on with our Dads :)

"In the end it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years."

Post a Comment