hike | Glacier National Park- Shotgun Lake

Posted on 7/31/2013

I was super determined to hike to a lake, so the 3rd day we hiked to Shotgun Lake (13 miles). Just one mile in, we saw this cool waterfall-


And had these cool bridges. I love bridges like this ... I just think they're really cool. My Mom is also a really big fan of them so I think it runs in the family.


 ^ water is so clear...shoes are so dirty


A lot of the hiking was in trees, and it was much less crowded then the Highline Trail but then we would get to these beautiful clearings, which made it worth it.

 There were also a lot of streams to cross (with more cool bridges)-


And we finally got to the lake! It was beautiful! 








^ we ate lunch at the lake before heading back. There were some people that backpacked in & were staying the night, I was jealous. Next year, that will be me!




^ this was pretty typical of the hiking. This is around where I saw a bear!!! Joe was pretty far behind me, getting a drink or something, and RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME A BEAR RAN ACROSS THE TRAIL!!! I naturally did exactly what you're not supposed to do-ran back to Joe and loudly whispered "OMG THERE IS A BEAR!"  I then clapped (to make noise) the last three miles back to the trailhead. 

We got back pretty late (around 7), so that was it for the day. Such a good day hike!

Post a Comment