a very crafty christmas

Posted on 12/25/2013

It has been so hard to keep these little projects on the DL, but I did! I am not big on Christmas gifts- but this year I worked hard on some homemade gifts for people that I wanted to brag about share. :)

First, I made/gave away two quilts. Okay, I did not make them alone. I hate binding quilts, so I always have my Mom help me, so to give credit where it's due, my Mom helped me with the finishing of these, thankfully, or they would not be finished! Quilts are quite a bit of work, but I love quilting. I got these two done quick though- from start to finish within two weeks. I typically quilt it in the winter, while watching some mindless tv show (seasons one and two of "Ink Master" in this case, with a little bit of "Ice Cold Killers: Alaska" thrown in). In the interest of full disclosure I also get my Mom to help me pick out fabric, she has a great eye for it.






 ^I'm sure my Dad was thrilled we were using his tools!! My brother sent my Mom this owl, isn't it adorable?!

This quilt is for my cousins new daughter, by marriage. She is four. I thought it would be nice to give her a "welcome to the family" quilt! -


This quilt is for a friends new baby. I love this quilt! 
I was really happy with both of them, though they are far from perfect!


Lastly, I stitched up this little picture for my friend Lauren. It's Oregon's moto, I thought it turned out well, considering that I had never done anything like this before.

Hopefully in 2014 I can start AND finish more crafts, because there are a lot of unfinished quilts (need to bind) and one large embroidery project that is going to be a very late Christmas present... probably will melt into a birthday present, honestly. 

Post a Comment