Germany | Freiburg, Germany December 2013

Posted on 12/28/2013

We decided to go on a trip to the Black Forest, and the tiny town of Freiburg seemed like it would be a cute, fun place to get away to (and also a good place to take day trips from). We took the morning train from Frankfurt, and were here in time for lunch!
This was the last bit of sun we saw, the view from our hotel room :
 We walked around the really cute Old Town, which is still decorated for Christmas.

^mein bruder!! 

And then climbed the biggest hill in town for the view.
 ^It was actually pretty steep! 






 We spent the rest of the day wandering around the town. I love graffiti, can you tell?

 ^ I thought this Breaking Bad one was particularly cool. And going down by the river to take a picture was definitely a "danger" according to my Mom!

Oh, and I found a turret to stand in, like a Princess. I only regret not letting down my hair like Rapunzel. 

This is the main church in town, it's gorgeous and huge.

 I HAD to climb to the top- it was something like 300 very narrow stairs up. Josh and my Mom waited for me at the bottom.


 I've always thought I was fine with heights, but this made me sick to my stomach! I was only at the top for a few minutes before I went back down as fast as I could.


Josh is pretty over churches at this point, and I will admit that they all look pretty similar after you've seen about 50 of them but for me the thrill hasn't worn off. I love looking inside them, especailly at the cool windows and architecture and climb to the top for the view whenever I can. (side note, with some exceptions I don't take picture inside churches which is why I don't have them).

We spent the rest of the day wandering around, before going for an early and long dinner at a cute place around the corner from where we are staying. We talked for hours, it was great. 

Post a Comment