Germany | christmas eve 2013

Posted on 12/25/2013

Christmas Eve Josh had to work (I know right?!) so Mom and I hung around Wiesbaden and chilled/ tried to deal with jet lag. Later, I went on a walk with some friends-


Everything was closed, but the weather was great and it was beautiful.

For at least the past ten or so (maybe longer, it feels like longer!) I have gone to a Mexican Christmas (basically a Christmas celebration with mexican food) with some family friends. I was quite bummed to have missed out this year, so imagine my surprise/ happiness when a friend in Germany invited me to her families version of  Mexican Christmas on Christmas Eve!!!!! 
 ^ so much delicious food. I ate SO much.

 ^note the adorable cup- when you buy gluhwine (basically hot wine) here in the Christmas market you get them. You can return them for a euro, but if you're an American tourist you obviously keep them as a souvenir. Love them!
 ^ that moment when you accidentally eat something really hot and your Mom catches it on camera. Note Josh's concern- thanks Josh :)

 ^We also played Cards Against Humanity, which I initially had concerns about playing with my Mom. But... she won 2/3 rounds. 

Thank you so much for hosting Emma!! It was such a great night!

Post a Comment