October 2014 | McCall Point Hike

Posted on 12/06/2014

I've never spent much time east of Hood River, but now that I am living in Hood River I am loving going east into the desert. It's SO different then west of the Gorge, that I am used to and I love it. Especially since the weather there somehow always seems to be nicer.
I hiked up McCall Point- there was a lot of damage from a fire, which was kinda a bummer because the hike is supposed to be on a ridgeline (I think?) but the detours push you back into less impressive routes. And I saw a SNAKE. I screamed and ran. I always scream and run when I see nature I don't like. It works for me.
Still there is no denying that Oregon is one pretty state.
I ran into ONE person, and asked them to take a picture of me. Here is the gem:

Post a Comment