Back in the USA :)

Posted on 4/14/2012

I've been back in the amazing, cold and wet Portland for about a week now. Some people have asked me if I am going to stop blogging now that I am not in Europe, and I probably wont. It's such a convenient way to record my life so, sorry I am here to stay :) 
I actually still have a few Europe blog posts to go (Poland and my last weekend with my brother) but I am pretty burned out on Europe blog posts so that may be awhile. :) 
Here is a little bit of what I have been up to since I have been back. But before I begin, can I just say my parents re-did the kitchen while I was gone and it looks amazing?!
Yeah, I was in shock! It looks so great but so different!!! 
Anyway- I am EXTREMELY lucky that I was able to hop right back into work (since I am a certified teacher I can substitute and tutor in schools, both of which I started up again right when I got back). But it's not like an all day, everyday thing. And fill my days I always end up baking A LOT. Homemade pita's and hummus?  So good.
One of the best parts of leaving is coming home, because it means catching up with everyone and lots of lunch/dinner dates. Here I am with my friend Keri's daughter, Taryn, who is almost 2 (which seems crazy it seems like she was JUST born).
And my Mom with Bodin, our friend Erin's son. He is so stinking cute! My Mom could hardly give him back, she loves babies and has been encouraging me for years to settle down and have kids- poor Mom that's still probably 5+ years off, good thing she can cuddle with all our friends babies :)
Hanging out with my Dad-
He's so awesome. I have the best Dad ever!
Oh and because I am crazy, I decided that a 24 credit certification to be a reading teacher would be a great use of my time, so I started taking classes at PSU again. Lucky I love reading so I'm loving the stacks of books I get to read in the name of literacy education :)
And yeah other then that, not much is going on. Zina is in town this weekend to visit too, so that has been fun.
Yup, pretty uneventful life. It was nice to come back and get right back in the swing of things. xo

Oh and PS - to those who asked. YES all my pottery made it back with not even a chip! Here is one piece my Mom is using. The oranges make it look so small. But how gorgeous is it? I love it.

Post a Comment