Naples: Palace

Posted on 4/02/2012

In the past three months I have seen A LOT of palaces. To the point where I almost didn't do to the one in Naples because I was somewhat burned out on them. But it was only 4 euro, so I figured I should just go and see it. The outside is not that impressive so I wasn't expecting much.
I love being proved wrong. It reminds me what even when I am a snobby traveler there is still so much to see in the world.
All marble, all the time. I die. I want to move in. 
 
Why why why wasn't I born a Princess? I would be such a good one. Anyway.... the palace was extremely impressive and one of the best I have ever seen. Good thing I didn't skip it!
Here is the theatre-
The ceiling in one of the large receiving rooms-
 TAPESTRIES. I love tapestries.-
 And a throne room-
 The "Hall of Ambassadors"-
And more lounge type rooms-
 & a great view, too-
This palace was funny because normally the worker people are super vigilant about you not touching stuff. However here they didn't care AT ALL. They were on their phones and talking to each other, listening to music and in general were totally uninterested and didn't care what people were doing at all. It was funny and somewhat refreshing. 
  1. I can't believe you thought you were going to skip a palace. And you are a princess. In my heart at least, for what that's worth.

    ReplyDelete