Capri: Church of San Michele

Posted on 4/02/2012

I got up super duper early one morning to go to Capri-about an hour ferry away from Naples. The ferry isn't cheap and the day was supposed to be somewhat overcast... but I decided to go anyway and hope the weather cleared up. 
The ferry ride over was amazing-
And an hour later, I was pulling up into Capri-
It was pretty much as picturesque as I thought it would be. Capri is an island that seems to be one giant hill, but luckily there are lots of ways to get up the hills that don't involve, ya know... walking. My first way up was taking a subway train thing. I was in main Capri town-
After walking around Capri (with stores like Prada, Louis Vuitton) I headed over to AnaCapri, which is a short bus ride over onto the other side of the island. There is a little walk around the town, the first place I got to is called the Red House-
I didn't get to go inside, but it is the house of a southern man who moved to Capri after the Civil War. 
Then I headed to The Church of San Michele. The front of it wasn't that impressive-
...but the inside certainly was-
No, that's not the impressive part. The floor is-
Look at that unicorn!
How cool is that floor? It may be my favorite floor ever :)

Post a Comment