Capri: Mount Salaro

Posted on 4/02/2012

In continuing my lazy day, I took a ski lift to the top of Mount Salaro. I actually don't know if you can even climb to the top, the maps of Capri were totally awful and I felt basically lost most of the time. 
So on this dinky little ski lift (constructed in like 1955) I almost threw up. I have nothing against heights, but despite the amazing view I could not get over the fact that I was really close to plunging to my death. Terrifying. 
But almost plunging to my death from a ski lift was worth it-
When I was done admiring the beautiful views, I headed back down on the death lift-
Thankfully I am here to write about it, but seriously it was  terrifying.

Next, I decided to go to the super famous Blue Grotto. I took a bus over and it WAS pretty. But it was about 30 euro to go on a 5 minute boat ride into the famous grotto, so I passed. Also look at all those little boats... you had to wait in them till you could get in the grotto and honestly it seemed a tiny bit unsafe to me-

I was able to walk along the shore though, so it wasn't totally a waste of time-
I was pretty much over the annoying lack of transportation, how everything was overpriced and how many tourists were there, so I walked back down to the port-
And my last view of Capri before I headed back to Naples-
If you are rich enough, I am sure it is paradise! :)

Post a Comment