Sorrento

Posted on 4/02/2012

Sorrento is a day trip from Naples, about 50 minutes by train (however my trip took over 2 hours though, since the train I was on broke down, we sat on the track for 30 minutes baking in the heat, then waited another 30 minutes for another train to come) OR you can take a 30 minute ferry ride (which I totally did on the way home after the morning train debacle). 
Sorrento is where a lot of people stay when they are staying in that area of Italy, but it was more expensive so I stayed in Naples (and I am glad I did). Sorrento is SUPER TOURISTY.

Basically if you have been to Epcot World at Disney, you know where you tour all the different countries? Well Sorrento is like Disney Italy. It's so perfect, everyone speaks english... I was bored after about 15 minutes.
Perfect much? The town is perfect, too-
and pretty much everything is a gated hotel. So I took these thru the gates stalker-style, you are welcome! :)
I thought the coolest part of the town was this old building, sort of down in the crevice part. It is and church, but you can't go down into it, which sucks-


I walked off the little Sorrento map a little bit and was a lot more impressed with what I found there (although I was kind of scared I would miss my boat back and have to take the train again). I went down this adorable little road-
Here was the beautiful view-
So cute, right?
AND the church in this little area was named Saint Anna!! Apparently Saint Anna was the mother of Mary and is now the patron saint of fishermen.
After wandering around a little bit, I headed back to the main Sorrento area and walked down the gigantic staircase to the port-

Then rode the ferry back to Naples, which was beautiful and well worth the extra money-
I'm  so glad I didn't stay in Sorrento. If I want to stay somewhere so clean, overpriced, full of english speaking people, and perfect looking I will just go to Disney World.

Post a Comment