Dufur, OR (day one) October 18th 2013

Posted on 10/22/2013

Last weekend, my Mom & I went to Dufur, OR.... she has been RAVING about this hotel (the Balch Hotel) and we stayed one night before we went on to my cousins bridal shower. If you haven't been there, plan a trip immediately. Seriously, it's that great.
^ view from the Bridge of the Gods
My Mom picked me up from school (I had a friend drop me off in the morning) and we drove up for the night-the hotel is about 15 minutes out of Hood River. And it's AMAZING.

 The rooms are so cute, and each have their own little quote, and tons of other adorable details. They're only double rooms (we had a queen bed)... and there are no children allowed at the hotel! Which I thought was really nice. Not all the rooms have bathrooms, but who cares. The hotel was built in 1907, and the history is actually pretty interesting... especially if you're a history lover (like me!!). There are no TV's, or phones... just lots of sitting rooms and space to talk and hang out. (My mom and I played chess). 


 There is a cool empty building next door with all these broken down old cars.


And a totally beautiful yard area for parties, dancing and outside hanging out.

It's totally one of my new favorite places. Plus the rooms are only $100/night (for 2 people) and that includes breakfast (which was really good. seriously the best quiche I have ever had!!). I am convinced that I want to do a girls weekend there with some friends soon! 

But for dinner, my Mom & I went across the street to a bar, for dinner. It was really good, I am such a sucker for a burger and onion rings though :) It was a totally adorable small town bar, with lots of animal heads, and pool tables.


We ended the night with a little High School football.....before we got way too cold, and went back to bed.

Post a Comment