hike | October 28th 2013 | Beacon Rock

Posted on 10/28/2013

I had an AMAZING time in Vegas! But no pictures are ready yet :)  
Today I hiked Beacon Rock, although not all the way to the top... the park actually closes and locks at dark (& I have heard that it really has happened to people!) so since I wasn't able to start till 5:30 almost I knew I would probably not make it all the way up- but it was a nice hike anyway. And I will go back soon & make it to the top! I thought about chancing it and going all the way up -I think I was over half way-but I didn't want to be rude to the person who has to lock the gate so I just turned around about 6. I wouldn't have wanted to hike down in the dark anyway.


 The trail is carved into the rock. I loved it.



 This is where I went back down- the tree line was just changing, but I knew it was a bad idea to go up any further.




"Be in love with your life, 
every minute of it."