December 10th 2012

Posted on 12/10/2012

Today I left work at 3:30, with a pile of paperwork on my desk.... but I'm sure it will be waiting for me when I get back.
Instead I went on a walk with my friend Elaine around the fairgrounds.
Much, much better then a long afternoon spent on paperwork. I think that I am a better teacher when I get out and do things, stretch my legs, have a life, have fun... I could spend all my time (seriously, 18 hours a day) doing paperwork, planning lessons, grading papers (in addition, to, you know the 5 classes a day I actually teach). But although I love my job.... I love it more when I have a life outside my job. It's a balance. I was determined to learn it in my first year and I think I have been doing a good job of it.  I'm learning. I'm learning that when it's not raining and cold, it's a pretty clear sign from the universe to leave work undone on my desk and take a walk.
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
After walking Elaine and I went to a local place with amazing pizza. We are in a weird place where we aren't really locals...but we both still saw students and a fellow teacher was actually our server so maybe we are kind of locals... small town life. xoxo

Post a Comment