2013 to-do list

Posted on 12/28/2012

I know that it's early, but here is my list. I always make lists of things I want to do but I thought that it would be fun to share mine this year & see how I actually do. Also, I don't want to call this "resolutions" because these aren't new things, for the most part, mostly they are just things I want to do more of :)

career 
► leave work every day at 4
I am pretty good about this...my contract day ends at 3:20, & I usually can scheduling morning meetings as opposed to afternoon ones. When I stay at work till 4...4:30...5...my whole afternoon is gone & by the time I get home I am a useless lump. I hate getting up early, but I hate staying late even more. Finding a good work/life balance also makes me a much better, calmer, happier teacher.


health
► walk 12 miles a week & do yoga once a week
I live in the most beautiful place, and sometimes think don't even enjoy it! I want to get out & walk around a lot more then I have been. I think having an actual goal for miles will help me :) Yoga makes me so calm & relaxed... something I need more of in my life. The closest yoga studio to me is a half hour away, but I need to make it a priority!


► stop drinking soda & milk
I have wanted to do this for awhile. Time to take the leap :) I am not giving up sparkling water though... I love that too much. As far as milk, for no real reason it really grosses me out. (Seriously, this is not some hippie thing!) I don't drink much of it anyways (I love almond milk instead) but I really want to stop drinking it all together (basically in my lattes I get at work).



personal
► read a book (every other) week
Even though I love to read, it is easy for me to just read for work (educational journals anyone? Wicked long IEPs?) & when I get home just sit down and watch Law & Order, instead of getting a book. This is pathetic especially since I literally live across the street from the local library.

► quilt more
I haven't quilted in so long, just because there was nothing that I felt I really wanted to make....thanks to pinerest I am once again inspired to quilt! I feel that I need to make this quilt.... & maybe this one, too. :)

► spend more time in the kitchen :)
It's hard for me to justify baking, since I live alone but I miss it! I want to bake things I can make and then freeze to eat later.
Some things on my list are:
english muffins done! You can read about it here.
hummus & pitas  (I have tried both in the past, but I want to get really good at them)
pesto
homemade pop tarts  done! I made them, you can read about it here.
Oh and I really want to try to infuse my own vodka
Also, I want to eat more soups. Some on my list: 
tortilla soup
clam chowder
chicken chili
split pea soup
corn and bacon chowder
broccoli and cheese


PS I will be (hopefully) documenting fulfilling all these items on this blog... wish me luck. xo

  1. Haha I think you mean that you are inspired to quilt by my dad's stories about quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. uhm are you serious right now because I have never heard any quilting stories and that makes me really sad. If there are some, I am going over there this week to hear them.

    ReplyDelete