My summer to do list!

Posted on 6/11/2013

Once upon a time I was very ambitious and created a to-do list for 2013. I thought it would be fun/funny to look at what I accomplished, what I didn't even come close to accomplishing, & update it for summer! Here was my list-

List Made in January 2013 (with updates)
career 
► leave work every day at 4 DONE! I honestly was really good about this! I really accomplish very little after about 4 anyway. 

health
► walk 12 miles a week & do yoga once a week Kind of. I was good about doing yoga for awhile, but it's really hard since the closest place is a minimum of 30 minutes away from where I live. As far as walking, I started running in March instead! And I am actually really loving it.

► stop drinking soda & milk Nope. I think this is something I will always have to work on, though I don't ever have these at my house, I do have both at work. :/ 

personal
► read a book (every other) week Nope. So sad, really there is no excuse for this! 

► quilt more Yes! And continuing more this summer. I finished one quilt & plan on hopefully finishing (binding) two more tops that I finished this summer with my Mom! Binding quilts is my least favorite part & my Mom is really good at it. 

► spend more time in the kitchen :) Kind of. I plan on canning again this summer too, which will be fun. I also mastered how to make a homemade frozen pizza which I feel is important. 

I feel like I did okay, honestly. The past 6 months have been really hard (in both my personal and professional life-lots of things I don't write about on here), and I am proud of what I have accomplished. 

----
With that said, I want to make a list of things I want to do this summer. Some of my friends were making lists of "13 things for summer 13"....but I don't think I have 13 things I want to do. But here is what I hope I can accomplish by Fall 2013. 

Summer List 2013
career 
► Work on classes to add my reading endorsement
Although I am not thrilled about going back to school (homework :( ), teaching reading is something I love &  I want to become better at teaching. I am already registered for some classes this summer. :)

health
► Run a 10k
Words I never thought I would write. But I am have been running 5k's (3 miles) lately and loving it (well not ALL of it) & I really want to push myself to get to a 10k. I have looked up some running plans for this, so I am hopeful! I have no desire to even run more then a 10k, or races, ever though. 

► Spend July taking barre 3 classes
When my friend Lauren asked me to do this with her I was kinda thrilled, because I have been wanting to do it for awhile. I'm pretty excited about it. My goal is to go at least 10 times in July. 

► Take a "real food" pledge
I have been reading this blog, for months. And I really want to take their 10 day pledge this summer. (I have been waiting for summer to do it actually I knew it would be really hard while I was working.) Also, I think I only want to do 5 days. :)

personal
► Read a book (every other) week 
If I don't make this over the SUMMER when I have nothing really that I HAVE to do, that's kinda sad.  I think I will make this.

► Quilt more 
Finish binding the 2 quilts with my Mom, at least. I always think of quilting as a "winter" activity so I don't think I will start more though.

► Enjoy being single
It's hard for me to not be kinda "eh" about so many of my friends who are getting married/ seriously dating/ having babies (!!!), but I am newly not dating someone and want to enjoy having lots of time for myself. :) 

Post a Comment