Amsterdam: walks and cheese stores

Posted on 2/10/2012

Aside from a few museums Amsterdam was really relaxing and we mostly just went on walks around the city and ate delicious good food. I took a billion pictures of the amazing buildings and Joseph probably wanted to kill me, but was nice and just let me be a crazy tourist...
The buildings are amazing and beautiful. 

This picture only LOOKS crooked. It's really the buildings! Cute right? (Unless the buildings like collapsed or something that would not be cute)

The park next to where we stayed 
Even the dogs were stylish--how cute are those little shoes?


And finally, we went to a cheese store! OMG the cheese was so good! I ate so much but I could not help myself... I got some for my Dad because I knew he would love it. I wish I could have boughten/ eaten the whole store.
After five days in Amsterdam, we headed back to Frankfurt. I was actually pretty ready to head back- we had been traveling for two weeks and six days -not that anyone was counting :) There was lots of dirty laundry- we had a washer/dryer in Prague, but mostly we did laundry in the sink... so yeah we needed a washer, stat! We had bought tickets back to Frankfurt for 6:30, but decided to go at 4:30 instead and were assured that it was fine. Yeah, it wasn't. We got booted off the train and had to wait for the next train at some random station in the middle of nowhere, then our train was delayed and we ended up getting back an hour later... it was kinda a nightmare. But honestly that was the worst thing that happened to us on the whole trip so I really can't complain too much!
We rolled back into Wiesbaden around 1am Tuesday morning and then it was over. :( I would love it do it all again... it was amazing, start to (admittedly somewhat rocky) finish.

  1. I'm just now following your adventures - it looks AMAZING!!! Washing your clothes in the sink can't be fun. I for sure take my washer for granted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup it was so much fun! & I am here till April so hopefully there will be lots more to come! I got practice washing my clothes by hand in the Marshall Islands but they never really feel clean to me till they're done in a washer (to me anyway). I'm so spoiled :)

      Delete