Paris: my formal apology

Posted on 2/26/2012

The first time I went to Paris I was 16, with my Dad and Micah and I HATED IT. I swore never, never to return...then realized I wanted to go back to the louvre ...and also Micah and I opted to go to h&m instead of notre dame... So I then swore to only go back ONE MORE TIME for those two specific things. And after that, I would never return!
Frankfurt and Paris are conveniently connected via the ICE train (high speed train) so I booked my ticket, and braced myself to hate the city and people. I mentally prepared myself, reminding myself that the Louvre was worth it! And notre dame, too (actually I was underwhelmed by both honestly but that's for another blog post).
Sometimes it's amazing to be wrong. I LOVED PARIS. It is so cliche, I can't believe it but I fell in LOVE with Paris. The people were so nice it was almost unreal- people went out of their way and even would look things up on their smartphones to find things out. I would ask one person a question and other people would stop to help! Seriously!
So this post is a formal apology to Paris. Maybe you have changed, maybe I have changed, maybe we have both changed. I am sorry for everytime I referred to you as "dirty," "rude" or "stinky." (or all three in one sentence.) I promise to only refer to you as "amazing," "kind" and "beautiful" from now on. I love you now and I am so glad we were able to start over fresh. xoxo
Me in Paris at 16. God bless bad haircuts, & no there is no justification or reason for why I (practically) shaved my head...I went in for a trim with my shoulder length hair and came out with this. It looks kind of mullet-like here, but it was more a buzz cut then anything else. I was was much more confident at 16, now when I go in for a trim I freak out and only get like an inch trimmed off (Ashley can attest to this!) . It's super boring and one length. I need to be this brave again... Well maybe not THIS brave. But I could use a new haircut.
  1. I think you 2 look darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thinking we're adorable no matter what is part of the Mom job description! xo

      Delete