Amsterdam

Posted on 2/10/2012

Amsterdam started off amazing, because our train ride was amazing! It was only around $50 each for us to go from Berlin to Amsterdam, and we had our own little booth to sleep in. It was totally great. What was NOT so totally great was the Amsterdam tram system. Confusing, much? The building is gorgeous but there are A lines, and B lines and 1-5 lines, and if you want a map or to ask a question you have to pay for it.... greeattt.
Amsterdam train station
So, after navigating that cluster of confusion... we I decided never to ride on it again (till we had to go back to the train station). So we walked around and obviously were super impressed by the delicacies that were offered:

Pop tarts, twinkies and apple jacks. That is what America has to offer the world in terms of food :)
But I guess even more interesting was all the wooden shoes
I officially found a pair of shoes that I can't love! My Mom will be so proud. I did however buy ONE wooden shoe (a little one) as a souvenir. It's pretty cute actually.







I was also obsessed with all the buildings (as usual). Seriously so cute...
This picture is so Amsterdam to me. Canals, and bikes. 
We also went to the Anne Frank Museum on our first day, which was really neat and maybe I cried a little bit... I always feel so bad for her Dad, Otto, who survived the war only to find out all his family had died. There was also a nice exhibition on Anne Frank's Mom, who gets somewhat of a bad rap in her diary. It was nice to see a different view of her.

Post a Comment