Dear Barcelona roommates,

Posted on 2/27/2012

When I signed up for this hostel with its "mixed rooms" I assumed I would have both and females in my room. I assure you I did not sign up to be the bed filler for a group of 7 in an 8 person room. Why the hostel chose to put a lone girl with a group of 7 men I am not quite sure... I will be sure to mention it in my hostelworld.com review, though.
To start out positive, I appreciate how quiet you are in the mornings when I get ready ...as you all lay passed out on top of your covers sweating out booze until I feel like of it were possible to get drunk by alcohol saturated air, I would be getting tipsy.
However, to be honest it is your room entrance that leaves something to desire, and I do not mean to nag... But I don't think it's necessary to come in with your iPhone playing the annoying "I'm sexy and I know it" song at 4 am. (also your liberal use of axe body spray is not sexy-though clearly you don't know it- and when my eyes start to burn because you have sprayed so much, that's a problem.)
It's not that I don't think you're probably an awesome group of guys. It's just that I need my beauty sleep...and you apparently only came to Barcelona to get drunk, sober up, repeat for five days. I came to Barcelona to look at modern art and think "I could have done that. I just need a wealthy patron and I could totally be the next Gaudi. Who do I know that's rich, gullible and has bad taste that I could design rediculous things for? It's not to late in my life to change careers..."
I just think, at this time in our lives, our proprieties are different. Neither of us are right or wrong... except your use of axe body spray. That is very wrong.
Sincerely,
Anna

  1. I love your letter!!! It's one of those things that isn't funny at the time, but you will be laughing about it later. Life would be so boring if you had 7 girls roommates who went to bed early and loved art. The axe body spray is most definitely wrong. Why men think more is better with that stuff if beyond me.

    If I'm ever rich I'll totally hire you to design ridiculous things for. (I'm already totally gullible.)

    I'm lovin' your stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! & I will TOTALLY be your architect if you come into millions and millions & can't decide how to spend it :)

      Delete