German playground & more Fasching :)

Posted on 2/19/2012



Josh and I went on a little walk yesterday at the park near his house. It was totally an Oregon weather day, and ended up being pretty awesome. We found a park that was pretty much amazing, it even had a zip line! German parks are so much cooler then American ones.
The playground had lots of cool things-that twisty rope thing was really hard! I couldn't do it (but Josh couldn't either). And on the other side of the rocket slide was a mini rock wall.
There were also carvings:
And there were little rope courses over the stream-
Talk about things that would NEVER happen in America. I don't know why it is but in Germany there are way more things you could get hurt on in public places that would not fly in America. It's awesome, and makes me feel bad for all the American kids that get sub-par parks when these German ones are so much better and more creative... and just when I was like "this is amaazzzinnng" there was one last little suprise:
AN IN-GROUND TRAMPOLINE. These German kids really are lucky, I'm totally jealous.

All and all it was a really beautiful day and we had a great time! Then we went & walked around downtown Wiesbaden and Josh bought a pair of baby blue chinos :)


We also went out to Fasching again last night,  here are my two favorite pictures. And yes, same costume, different day, that's how Fasching rolls :) Also, I never thought Josh and I really looked that much alike till I came here. Now I think we totally look SO alike, it's crazy!
For my Mom, she really wanted a picture of us hugging :) Love ya Mom! xo
  1. That German park is AMAZING!!! It's hard core and looks like you could actually have fun and possibly get hurt! Those German kids sure are lucky. Good luck as you venture out alone - it sounds so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it was so cool I wish we were a little less protective of our kids in America if only for the amazing parks :)

      Delete
  2. OMG I LOVE THAT PICTURE OF YOU ON THE ZIPLINE. So cool. I've seen one park in the US that has a zipline, but not nearly that cool, actually wait it might have been at like a summer camp. Damn. Nevermind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha... yeah. Apparently there is this amazing ropes course in the same little park area, but it doesn't open till the end of March...best believe i will be checking that out when I get back!!

      Delete