Madrid: the Prado, National Library

Posted on 3/12/2012

Since I can't get enough of Art Museums I was in heaven at the Prado, which is a huuuggee art museum and has tons of great art. I spent most of a day there and loved it. I think it was at least equal too, if not better then, the Louvre-and it was WAY less crowded. Also I got in free because I am under 25. So that was awesome, too. It is also free daily, every night, for 2 hours from 6-8, which I thought was really cool thing to do (and the Louvre definitely does not do). The line was super long though but I thought it was worth it.
And right next to the Prado is this church-
After spending the day there, I walked over to the National Library which was AMAZING. In my opinion, every library should look just like this-

And the views from the observation deck on the top were pretty great, too-

I love all libraries and I don't want to play favorites but this one might be the prettiest library I have ever seen! Also, I know when you look at the above picture of me the first thing you think is "OMG those earrings are amaaazzinng where did you get them?" Yes, I agree and they were my Christmas (Hanukkah??) present from Lauren. :)

Post a Comment