Madrid: Royal Gardens, Crystal Palace

Posted on 3/12/2012

Madrid has a lot of outdoor gardens and space, which I loved. The weather was beautiful and it was so amazing to be outside wandering around I could not get enough of it. So I headed over to the Royal Gardens to wander around. There was also a giant lake you could rent row boats for super cheap and paddle around on... which I would have loved to do if I had someone to paddle with :)
But I didn't so I just headed over the the monuments to enjoy the architecture and try to forget about the fact that I was all by myself-

Then over to the Crystal Palace. The gardens were actually built to be "working gardens" and to teach botany so the Crystal Palace was a hot house for more fair-weather plants-
It was super gorgeous and so was the lake/water fountain thing in front of it-
The park also has a lot of fountains (this was was turned off for the winter I think)-
And then on the way out of the park I walked by a little shopping area that was selling books! Oh, if only I spoke/read Spanish-
On my way out I passed by this-
ANOTHER Triumph Arch. I think this is like the 6th one I have seen! (Barcelona was my favorite.) I swear every city HAS to have one in Europe. :)

Post a Comment