Mt. Vesuvius

Posted on 3/30/2012

After spending a day and a half looking at ruins, I was ready to do something else. Not that I don't love ruins, but... I was looking forward to something new, and I decided to go up to Mt. Vesuvius. I paid something like $20 and got in a pretty unsafe looking bus where we headed up the mountain. 
Our bus (6 person bus, 10 people crammed inside) only broke down twice... it was fine our driver fixed it with a pair of nail clippers both times.
After us bus dropped us off at the bottom we had to hike 30 more minutes up the the actual top... it was miserable! It was SO STEEP and SO HOT. There were tons of people turning back... but I finally got to the top-
 Kind of unimpressive really.
 But the view is worth it!!



And the paths were not dangerous at all. Okay maybe a little (sorry Mom)-

After spending an hour at the top, I headed back down-

Crammed back into the bus, wondered if the brakes would fail, but managed to survive!